How can I choose the best UC (Unified Communications) vendor for my business?
For the millennials who have just joined the ever-expanding IT industry, let’s debunk Unified Communications for them. Unified Communications is a multi-point solution which integrates real-time enterprise communication services such as instant messaging(chat), voice (IP telephony) mobility, etc. with non-real-time communication services e.g. voicemail, e-mail, SMS, etc. Even though the terminology and application of Unified Communications have been known to IT industry for more than ten years, the concept of UCaaS (Unified Communications As A Service) is still a new term. We at Aerus Technology believe that your office does not need walls anymore and UCaaS is something that makes it possible.
However, you as a business, need to ask yourself, how important is Unified Communication to your business. If the answer is anywhere between CRITICAL and IMMEDIATE NEED, then you need the tools to evaluate the best UC vendor in the market.
So to assist you in your journey for choosing the right UC vendor, here are the 6 Key Considerations for a UC vendor selection:
- Solution Architecture: Whether you go with a cloud or onsite UC solution, the right vendor will have expertise in both deployments and will also have the ability to deploy a hybrid solution.
- Apps and Features: While everyone can offer or claim to offer the best UC service, pay close attention to how Unified Messaging, Chat Services and Online Meetings are provisioned.
- UC Value Proposition: What does your UC offer other than pricing? The best comparison of vendor pricing will include a review of Total Cost of Operations (capital investment, implementation costs and operational expenses).
- Execution and support: Vendors with extensive partner ecosystems can provide local technical expertise when you need it most. Your best choice is a provider that can support your professional needs before, during and after your solution is deployed.
- End User Experience: Don’t let unnecessary complexity ruin your company’s opportunity to take advantage of modern communications solutions. Do your comparative homework when reviewing your UC vendor options and give strong consideration to the end-user experience. Your employees (IT helpdesk) will thank you for an excellent implementation experience.
- Vendor as a Business Partner: Consider each provider’s brand, longevity and reputation in the marketplace. Also, consider how each vendor positions itself for the future. Do they have the ability to deliver customised solutions that will enable you to improve the customer experience, differentiate your business and better compete today and tomorrow?
At Aerus, we pride ourselves on being a trusted and strategic ShoreTel UC partner that will help you grow your business. However, don’t take our word for it, listen to what some of our customers has to say about our solutions:
Aerus Technologies have looked after the College for many years, they listen to my requirements and provide excellent solutions backed by professional support– Diane Donovan, Managing Director, Island Health College.
Contact us on 03 6271 9600 to know how we can help you grow your business through Brilliantly Simple ShoreTel Unified Communications.
Take the Best Fit Assessment:
With so many options available in the UC and VoIP market, its becomes bit tricky to choose the right UC vendor for your business. Click here to download the E-book on 6 Key System Considerations to UC vendor and take the best fit assessment.